You don’t have to go for a big fat wedding and then have a lavish honeymoon to rekindle romance with your loved one. The urge of romance is enough to make a romantic escape and if it India, you will have a handful of destinations – from tranquil backwaters to the soaring cliff, from stroll along the beach promenade to declining to tribal camps, from enjoying an oceanfront candle light dinner to spending a night in a secluded cottage – that just live up to your expectations.
1. Agra: Agra should be on the top of your bucket-list when you are seeking a romantic escape. The magnificent sunset, stunning white marble, quiet surrounding and love-birds around, this Epitome of Love will unfold the romantic story of the great Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaj Mahal. Don’t miss the breathtaking sight of this majestic monument in the morning.
2. Ooty: One of the iconic destinations, Ooty is recognized for its immaculate and unblemished amorousness setting. You will love to escape scorching heat of summer and soak in a cooler place. This peaceful hill station is nestled in the Nilgiri Hills. Tourism is the main economy of this small town. Take a stroll through the pine and eucalyptus forest along the tea and coffee plantations.
3. Coorg: India’s Scpotland, Coorg is one of the most enchanting romantic hotspots known for its sandalwood and verdant teak forests. If your girlfriend is a lover of tea or coffee, there is no better place to give a treat to her. The picturesque mountainous area can be an amazing destination for hiking and trekking. Grab a villa for two with balcony overlooking at the extended coffee estates. Wake up to the sweet aroma of coffee plantation, and later indulge in a sumptuous lunch, lovers will find a plenty of things to do. Go camping here for a unique experience.
4. Manali: What comes to your mind when imaging the gorgeous landscape of Manali – mountains, adventure, greenery and beauty? The intriguing hill station has a plenty of things for couples who would not only spend days in the four corners of hotel rooms, but embark on a wide gamut of outdoor activities, such as skiing, hiking and many more. In free time, go for sightseeing and come across beautiful Hindu temples, Rehalla Falls, Tibetan Monastery, Hadimba Devi Temple and Buddhist monasteries.
5. Alappuzha: Come here for a unique boathouse experience. This beautiful romantic destination is fondly called by travelers – the Venice of the East. Alappuzha Beach is the center of attraction. It is hugely occupied with locals and travelers from European countries. A boathouse cruises in the restful backwaters is a delight. Visit in August to witness the festival – Nehru Trophy Boat Race (falls on 2nd Saturday of August).
6. Shimla: It’ll be my biggest mistake to not mention this paradise of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla might be the destination where you will find yourself in the arms of your partner cuddling up. It is blissfully wonderful with natural beauties, verdant grasslands and snow-capped mountains creating mesmerizing scenery – a visual retreat. Indulge in a wide range of activities and in the evening take a stroll to admire the architectural marvels.
7. Udaipur: Yet another Venice…Udaipur is referred as the Venice of the East. This beautiful city boasts many stunning lakes, hills and majestic Rajput-era palaces. Would you like to get lost in the eyes of your sweetheart while taking a boat ride on Lake Pichola. Get around top attractions, including Lake Fatehsagar, Monsoon Palace and Doodh Talai. Your romantic evening should get the best ending with a candle light dinner on the Pichola Lake. Great idea?
8. Goa: Who says you can only party till dawn on the Goa beaches? This amazing destination can charm you with its natural splendors and quiet surroundings. Start a day with a morning walk on the beach and end on high note with a candle light dinner on the beach promenade. And talking Goa’s nightlife…perhaps, you are at the right place to live your dream.
9. Jaipur: Come and enjoy a royal feeling in Jaipur. The Pink City is saturated with lavishness, magnificence and king-like feelings. Included on the tourist circuit of Golden Triangle Tour, Jaipur offers a different kind of romance. Grab a palace to stay like a king and queen or go for an overnight camping at the heart of the never-ending desert, there is something for you in Jaipur.
10. Darjeeling: Set in the gorgeous backdrop of the Himalayan ranges, the Queen of Hills, Darjeeling, makes the list to my top 10 romantic destinations in India. A great place, Darjeeling captivates couples as well as individuals and takes them to a beautiful world where towering trees and stunning tea plantations give a warm welcome. Don’t miss the outstanding view of the dramatic landscape turning into milk-like white with snowflakes.