Most people wish to travel the world before they die. If you think in the same way, then why not start from India?
India, the land of wonders, is blessed with spectacular range of attractions that will simply take any travel enthusiast’s breath away. From the snow-capped mountains of the mighty Himalayas to the exotic Goa beaches, from tranquil backwaters to the impressive palaces of Rajasthan, from the erotic sculptures of Khajuraho to the magnificent Sun Temple of Konark, the mystic land preserves an array of interesting attractions that keep visitors flowing to India.
To make it easy and simple for you, I have listed the top places that will certainly give you a deeper look into India’s holiday destinations.
1. Delhi: Delhi, the capital city of India, is the right place to start a tour in India. Known for its impressive historic monuments, Delhi is always the most sought after tourist destination in India. Apart from being a cultural and entertainment hub, the capital city charms its guests with stunning sites and gorgeous buildings. The India Gate, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Garden of Five Senses, Humayun’s Tomb, National Zoological Park, Akshardham, the Red Fort, Old Delhi, Chadni Chowk, Jantar Mantar and Lodi Gardens are to mention the most popular attractions in Delhi.
2. Agra: Have been hearing about this magnificent white mausoleum since childhood? Time has arrived to marvel at the glorious Mughal creation in Agra. The Taj Mahal is an eternal embodiment of love. Shah Jahan, the mighty Mughal Emperor, built this white domed mausoleum in the memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaj Mahal. The Taj Mahal is regarded as one of the Seven Wonders of the World at the moment. The epic love story of the Mughal Emperor and Empress entices travelers all around the world. Amongst other popular attractions in Agra are Akbar’s Tomb, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and Mehtab Bagh.
3. Goa: I cannot miss India’s smallest state. Goa is the ultimate party destination in India. To visit Goa, you need not seek the best time as anytime seems a great time to explore its golden pristine beaches, which further bestow outstanding sunset view. Swaying coconut palms, golden sand and a plenty of sun constitute an outstanding backdrop. Goa is just perfect for all types of holidaymakers. While lovers find a secluded spot to romance, adventure enthusiasts can go windsurfing, jet skiing, water skiing and parasailing. If you are a foodie, then pamper your taste buds with fresh and tasty seafood. The top attractions in the area include Chapora Fort, Arvalam Waterfalls, Calangute beach, Ancestral Goa Museum and Aloma Fort.
4. Kashmir: I always conjure up the images cascading waterfalls, spectacular scenic beauty, picturesque lakes, Alpine villages, the aroma of flower gardens, effervescent verdant green valleys and snowcapped mountains when imagining of Kashmir. What strikes your mind when it is all about – the Heaven on Earth – Kashmir? Interesting things that you just can’t take your eyes off are Nagin Lake, Dal Lake, Gulmarg, Pehalgam, Shankracharya Shrine, Sonmarg and Pari Mahal. Dal Lake is an ideal place if you wish to go boat riding.
5. Kanyakumari: Kanyakumari is next. It is often called as Cape Comorin. Kanyakumari is the convergence of three vast water bodies, such as Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea. The tranquility of the surrounding, the enchanting sunrise and the mesmerizing sunset lure even the most indiscriminating visitor. An avid traveler won’t lose his eyes from the glooming horizon. It is situated in the southernmost tip of the Indian subcontinent. The multi-colored sight of the beach is worth viewing.
6. Kerala: Let’s visit God’s Own Country and enjoy some unique and enchanting backwater cruise. The striking feature of Kerala is its greenery. Wherever you go, you will be delighted with verdant green forests, spectacular hill stations, stunning waterfalls and tranquil backwaters. Backwaters are the perfect combination of fascinating lakes and lagoons that lie parallel to the infinite Arabian Sea. While in Kerala, seek an ayurvedic massage. It will incorporate energy and rejuvenate your entire body. Stay fit and start exploring attractions, including Varkala Beach, Thekkady, Munnar, Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Wayanad and Athirapally Waterfalls.
7. Rajasthan: Once abode to the Rajas and Maharajas, Rajasthan sparkles like a star with magnificent palaces, impressive castles and eye-catching lakes. The “Land of Kings” is the largest state in India. Jaipur is a notable city with attractions, like Palace of Winds or Hawa Mahal. City Palace is another must visit place in Jaipur. Head to Udaipur to marvel at the outstanding Lake Palace, nicely nestled on Lake Pichola.
8. Puri and Konark: The coastal town of Puri in the eastern state of Odisha is known for its pristine beaches and the world famous Jagannath Temple. It is also recognized as one of the four dhams. If you are heading to Konark, then the Sun Temple is a must. 35 kilometers from Puri, Konark is home to some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Situated on the Chandrabhaga Beach, the coastal town offers a unique spectacle of sunrise. If you have time, make your way to Chilika Lake, Asia’s largest freshwater lake.
9. Darjeeling: The Queen of Hills, Darjeeling is set on the rolling mountains. It is at an elevation of 2134 m and a popular romantic destination. Take a stroll through the tea gardens, traditional market, pine trees and mountains and indulge yourself in the natural beauty. Tiger Hills is one of the key attractions located 8 kilometers from the heart of the city. One can also witness the 3rd largest peak of the world right here. Peace Pagoda, Rock Garden, Darjeeling Toy Train Journey, Batasia Loop and Singamari Ropeway will make your trip a grand success.
10. Manali: Manali, a popular hill station in India, is a perfect combination of adventure and romance. I find it very fascinating. Snow-clad mountains, greenery, enchanting rivers and cascading waterfalls allure travelers to spend a whale of quality time with their lovers. Or if you are an adrenaline junkie, you will love adventure sports, such as mountain biking, mountain climbing, mountaineering, trekking, hiking, skiing, river rafting, mountaineering and angling.